Student Organizations & Campus Departments Proposal Process
Any student organization classified as a Campus Life Program (CLP) or other department that wishes to make a proposal to the SSFC will do so during the spring semester. CLPs and other departments who received funding the previous year will be contacted by the Vice Chancellor for Student Life no later than the end of the fall semester to inform them of proposal due dates and presentation dates. All CLPs and departments that did not receive funding in the previous year will need to contact the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Life to schedule a time to present to the SSFC
The deadline for CLP and departmental proposals is January 26, 2023.
The process is as follows:
- The CLP or departments will receive an email notifying them of their scheduled presentation date. This email will include the budget template and proposal template that should be used as well as any special instructions relating to the presentations. Both of these templates can be found at the bottom of this webpage. The SSFC requests that each CLP or department presenting during spring semester submit this proposal template as well as financial data from the previous year, current year, and request for the following year.
- Each CLP or department will be given 20 minutes to make their presentation to the SSFC and to answer any questions the SSFC has at that time. The date for presentations will be Saturday, February 11, 2023. The presentation schedule will be shared in early February.
- The SSFC will engage in discussions and deliberations. The SSFC will develop questions and will either ask that the CLP or department to come in for a follow up meeting or to submit the answers by email.
- The SSFC will continue to meet and deliberate during spring semester. The SSFC will develop final recommendations that will be made to the UMD Chancellor in March. At this time, each student organization and department that applied for funding will also be notified of the SSFC recommendation.
- Any student organization or department wishing to appeal the funding recommendation of the SSFC may do so by submitting an appeal to the Vice Chancellor for Student Life by the deadline included in their notice of the SSFC recommendation.
- Appeals will be reviewed and funding levels modified (if necessary) during March. The UMD Chancellor will submit the final recommendations to the University Of Minnesota Board of Regents by the deadline established by system leadership.
Download THIS PROPOSAL TEMPLATE
Download THIS BUDGET TEMPLATE
The organization may submit additional budget documents if they wish to provide further detail.
Each organization has an EFS account where the money allocations are transferred into. If you need assistance understanding the EFS system, contact your organizations adviser or the VCSL office ([email protected]).